This year the kids were old enough to take their first trip to the Ballet! I was so excited all day I could hardly contain myself!!! I had always dreamed of the day that I would be able to take my kids to see the NUTCRACKER! So when Christmas time came around I was thrilled to get our tickets to the performance! We decided to go to the bass hall in Fort Worth, it is a BEAUTIFUL theatre in a really nice part of downtown fort worth. We were going to a 7:00 showing and it was the closing show of the season at the bass hall, so we had to dress to impress. So we all dolled up for an evening at the theatre. We even had VALET PARKING!
Rick had been suffering from a headache all day long, and I was hoping he would start feeling better, but he just never did. He was miserable! The kids were WONDERFUL! They sat quiet and still the WHOLE show! They were really impressed (Which made me even happier that we decided to take them) During intermission we did a restroom break and let the kids walk around in the lobby.
We weren't the only ones who wanted to see the Nutcracker that evening! The place was PACKED! I don't think there was a seat left in the house. It was just a beautiful show, and it is amazing some of the things those ballerinas can do. I was thinking that the next day would be full of spins, jumps, and attempts to do the splits from the kids, but nah. All of those things came from RICK! By the way he absolutely hated the show! But he was sure that he could do the mens part just as well as they did. And without any prior training. All in all it was a wonderful time with my family!
No comments:
Post a Comment