So about 2 weeks before the party I start going back and forth..."Should I make a cake or cupcakes?!" So I finally ask Ricky "do you want cupcakes or a cake for your birthday" and he said I want a spongebob cake! So I am freaking out, I am not an artist! I can barely draw a stick figure. So about 2 days before the party I bake the cake and freeze it so it is nice and cool for decorating. My plan is that I will make the cake if it doesn't come out right I will have time to make cupcakes for the party. The next day I make Icing and color the icing. Then I finally begin on the task of making a spongebob freehand. It ended up coming out pretty good, and it tasted so yummy!
What's going on?!
YEAH!!! I officially made it through the first week of summer!
Eevie finished off her 1st grade year absolutely wonderful!!! Every 6 weeks she consistantly got perfect conduct, the reading award, and got perfect attendance all but once. She also got the PE award one 6 weeks, the technology award, and art award! She finished off the year with a handful of award certificates! I am so proud of her, she is a hard working student. Her reading level is unbelievable as well!!! It was a great year for her.
Rick's Sister, her husband, and their kiddos came down to celebrate Ricky's 4th birthday with us! It was so nice to get the cousins together...we don't get together nearly enough. We really enjoyed their visit. All the kids were actually really well behaved, I think the pool wore them out! This picture of the kids is like the 5th one that I took, it is really funny. I think someone was telling Skylar to look up as in "look at the camera" and Ricky is fed up with taking picture after picture so he has this aggravated look on his face, Eevie's smile is nearly diminished, and Brooks is just as cute as he could be.
This next picture is Ricky having his yummy birthday breakfast! Even though we have a huge birthday bash for our kids each year, I always do special things all day for their actual birthday. They usually start off with a homemade yummy breakfast, and we do whatever they want all day long. Birthday's are a super special event at the Herrera house.
For Ricky's birthday party this year we had Spongebob Squarepants party. It was a pool party. We had Crabby Patties (Hamburgers) and Plankton Planks (Hotdogs). It was nice to see all the kids laughing and having a good time. Ricky really enjoyed his 4th birthday! It is so hard to see my kids growing up so fast. It just seems like the other day he was a tiny infant, and now he is a energetic 4 year old, he rides his bike without training wheels, and swims without floaties. Where did my baby go? :(
Ricky with his presents
Swimming in the pool
Happy Birthday to you...!
Ricky & his pal Elias being sharks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Grand Cayman- Stingrays, Turtles, Fish...OH MY!
View our video Here: We had a great time in Grand Cayman! We did the excursion Stingray City and had a pretty good time. I a...
-
Good News!!! Ricky is finally Riding his bike. Up until the last couple of weeks he would do nothing but walk his new bike. I don't...
-
When we booked our cruise several months ago the only thought I had in my head was how much I wanted to have a nice RELAXING vacation. NO c...
1 comment:
That cake is awesome! Great job!!!
Post a Comment