Fort Worth Stockyards

This weekend we went out the Fort Worth Stockyards to enjoy the annual easter egg hunt and fesitivities. There were so many kids out there! As you can see in the picture it was a very bright and warm day. In almost every picture my kids are squinting. As we get to the location for our age group egg hunt, Ricky starts to get a little uneasy for this whole egg hunt thing. He starts telling us no he doesn't want to do it. But once we mentioned "Candy" he was all for it. Unfortunetly both of the kids got maybe 10-12 pieces of candy. When they said go all of the kids took off and took all of the candy. (There were just so many kids)

So after the egg hunt we took a little lunch break and headed back to enjoy some shopping, picture taking, and a little bit of sight seeing. Daddy just had to stop and try on Cowboy hats, Ricky just kept picking the same one sissy had! (Which by the way, was PINK!) On to the cattle pens... Our TEXAS LONGHORNS!!! Well... within the 5 min of looking at the cattle, I heard "MOM" about 20 times, got almost no clear pictures, and Ricky fell off a step flat on his face! Thank goodness Rick was with me because it was a long day! To top it off, as we were enjoying our time looking at the cattle, Eevie decides it is time to point something out! "Hey Guys, Look at that BIG BALL OF POOP!" She proceeded to tell us nothing about the cattle and everything about the big ball of poop... KIDS!!! Rick is big into History. He likes to see all of those historical sites and when we go places like the zoo or museums, he reads all of those little signs and such. I am not to big on historical information. I like to just go and enjoy the sites, food, and shopping. While we were there he did fill me in on some interesting information I must say. We talked about how the indians built some of the buildings, and the slaves built the cobblestone roads. It really makes me take a minute and appreciate the blessings that I have. We had a lovely time, and I can't be happier than when I spend time with my family.

1 comment:

Suzi said...

You true Texans, you....Happy Easter!

Grand Cayman- Stingrays, Turtles, Fish...OH MY!

View our video Here:  We had a great time in Grand Cayman!  We did the excursion Stingray City and had a pretty good time.  I a...