Welcome our newest Herrera!!!
James Christopher Herrera "JC" was born on Monday Oct. 5 at 12:01 PM weighing 8lbs 4 oz and was 21 & 1/2 inches long.

We got to the hospital about 5:00 so I could be induced...I was excited and nervous at the same time! When we got there and got to the labor and delivery floor no nurses were any where to be found, so Rick started to knock on the door to the delivery rooms. The nurse came out and said she was sorry, but all their rooms were filled with unexpected deliveries so we would have to wait about an hour and a half before a room would be available.
So about 7:00 we finally were able to get into a room and start filling out paperwork. By 8:15 I was getting hooked up to IV's. Unfortunetly that didn't go smoothly either! They ended up blowing 3 veins and hitting me hard in the hand with the needle which made my hand swell up and hurt SO bad! 4th time was the charm with the IV, and they began my antibiotics. 8:30 my doctor was in to break my water, but couldn't so he said he would either try again later or let it break on its on with dilation. By 8:45 we were finally starting my Pitocin. I started to feel the contractions pretty early, but they weren't too bad. The nurse told me early on that if I wanted IV meds that I wouldn't be able to get them after a certain time, so when I was about a 7.5/8, I asked her how much longer did I have before they wouldn't let me have any meds, and she told me about now, so even though I wasn't in unbearable pain I decided to take the IV meds to help me relax, especially since the whole day wasn't going as planned so far. All I know is I somewhat blacked out until it was time to push...That's when things took a turn for the not so good! I started fighting the nurses and the doctor, I pushed 3 times JC came out and I started fighting the Dr. again, I didn't want him to touch me to assist with the baby coming out, and I didn't want him to touch me to stitch my lacerations!!! I don't know what came over me, but when JC was born I was holding on to Rick for dear life begging him not to leave me. The meds didn't do me good, they made me paranoid and delirious. But it was all worth it once I calmed down and met my baby! He is just the 3rd most precious thing I have ever seen! I can't stop staring at him and holding and kissing him!
Daddy soon after birth
Granny meeting JC
Eevie meeting JC
Both the kids and the hubby all have had a cough for about a week, so they got to wear "Special Masks" so they didn't give their cough to the new baby.
Ricky "The big brother"
My mom stayed with the kids, so while Eevie was still at school Granny & Ricky came up to the hospital before anyone else and met JC. Ricky was more interested in eating my hospital food, and his dad's banana, than he was in JC. Now once Eevie got back from school, it was a fight! They both wanted to hold the baby, sit next to the baby, etc.
1 week Old
It has been 4 years since I have had to do life with a newborn...WOW, I had a wakeup call this week! It is not as easy as I thought it would be. Non-stop diapers, feedings, and he cries and I have to figure out what the problem is! LOL, Right now I have 2 non-stop talkers, they tell me when something is wrong with them.
But on top of all that, we are just LOVING, LOVING, LOVING him! He is so precious, and he really is a good baby. He only cries when he is hungry, wet, or dirty. He is sleeping really well at night too. The kids seem to be enjoying him as well, everyone wants to sit by him, hold him, and play with him. I always have a helper, and it is a fight to throw away a stinky diaper! Right now, I am just taking it all in and enjoying it, I know it won't last long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Grand Cayman- Stingrays, Turtles, Fish...OH MY!
View our video Here: We had a great time in Grand Cayman! We did the excursion Stingray City and had a pretty good time. I a...
-
Good News!!! Ricky is finally Riding his bike. Up until the last couple of weeks he would do nothing but walk his new bike. I don't...
-
When we booked our cruise several months ago the only thought I had in my head was how much I wanted to have a nice RELAXING vacation. NO c...
1 comment:
He's gorgeous! Love all the hair! Skylar and I can't wait to meet him! Love you guys - Sara & Chris
Post a Comment