Parker Ride for Wellness and Bike Rally '08

On Saturday I did about a 30 mile bike ride in arlington. It was so fun, and even a bit exhausting. It was definiatly challenging with all the large hills to climb in that area. What was really cool though was that there were 2 somewhat celebrities amongst us. Jeff Spencer- Olympic cycling medalist and also Lance Armstrongs personal chiropractor, who also by the way has rode with Lance on many occasions. Lead/started our ride. I wish I would've gotten a picture with him! But here he is with his like $5000 bike. :) LOL, I am not sure how much it cost, but he was a really cool dude!

And many of you may or may not know who Jack Lalanne is but he is a an amazingly fit man! He just celebrated his 94th birthday on Friday and when he jumped out of his limo on Sat. morning at 7:30am he acted like his was 21! He is still in great shape and right before he blew the airhorn to get us started he said "What all of you are doing this morning is great, you are taking care of the most important person by excersising." He went on to say more, but his words that morning got me through, hill after tremendously tough hill. Oh, and his wife who looked great as well, is like 80 something.

Here I am right before my ride at about 7:15 in the morning. My feet were killing me while standing on the ground in cycling shoes. And it was pretty chilly that morning. While we were going down hill the wind was whipping my shoulders and I thought I would turn into an icicle. I had the option to do another lap which was about 14 miles, but I decided to stop after 2. By 9:15 my tummy was rumbling and I barely had the energy to go on. Even though I scarfed down a couple pretzals and bananas. I made so many new friends while on this ride. I guess I have some partners for the next ride/race I do.

We all got some pretty cool goody bags with Hats, T-shirts, waterbottles, energy bars, etc. And the best part of all was the yummy oatmeal pancakes at the end (All of our bodies needed it after hours of energy burning bicycling.) There was a live band, tons of people cheering us on it was Amazing! And fun! I can't wait until the next one. Me and Rose
It is amazing how many old-er people ride! Some of them are well into their 60's. But don't under estimate them! I had a few speed past me and I was averaging about 20 miles per hour my whole ride. There were even times I went faster then that. (28-32 mph) This lady ended up being in my group about the whole time. We were in the top middle group. But all in all it was a great ride, and a fun time.

1 comment:

Grand Cayman- Stingrays, Turtles, Fish...OH MY!

View our video Here:  We had a great time in Grand Cayman!  We did the excursion Stingray City and had a pretty good time.  I a...