Off to Austin

First off, I need to apologize for the terrible quality of my pictures! I don't know what was going on with my camera... I think the batteries were dying. Soooo... Before it was time to go back to school we decided to take a quick trip to visit my husband's sister Sara in Austin. Austin is only about 3 hours away. I am so ashamed to say that it has been 3 years since we have seen them. The last time we saw each other Sara came out to visit us, and this is what our children looked like (Ricky is 9 months and Skylar was 6 months) :

I was a little boo hoo'd to see that Skylar is STILL taller than Ricky! LOL, They had a lot of fun together and it made me really sad that they hardly have seen each other. So all of the adults decided that we would make a little more of an effort to get them together...Afterall we are only a few hours away from each other.

Rick has this thing he does that he knows I hate... When I am taking a picture he will be smiling and looking all photogenic and then by the time the camera flashes he does something like that!

Finally the last 20 min. of the trip he decides to fall asleep!

Our 3 hour trip there was a long one... I have been suffering from really bad migraines lately, and ironically I would get one right when we leave. And of course I would just get prescribed meds, and forget them at home. I beat myself up after the trip about how unpatient I was with my family on our little trip. I was very short tempered which is really not like me. (which I am blaming on the migraine) We did have a lot of fun together though, Sara and Chris treated us to a great Mexican dinner, and the kids had a blast together! Oh... And the BABY!!! He is such a doll! I couldn't hold him very much because my wrist was hurting, but he was the cutest thing. And yes, although I didn't think it would happen I did get a little baby fever, UNTIL... I heard him crying at night. I then was thankful that I didn't have to do that everyday. I get really grouchy without adequate sleep. When Bear (Baby) woke up Ricky jumped right up and screamed out "MOM! MOM! I hear a baby crying!" Rick and I had to tell him to be quiet and go to sleep about 3 times before he stopped repeating his statement.

Brooks is so cute!
Skylar is such a sweetie! She is an average girl... Dressup, tantrums, drama, and of course Bossy! LOL. Oh, she is so funny, the facial expressions she makes when she is talking to you. she is already a little lady! I know what you are all thinking!
Why is Little Ricky wearing a fluffy pink dress!?! Well.. The girls decided that they were going to dress up as pretty Princesses. Once Ricky noticed He wanted to get in on the fun! So he got dressed up too. He was so happy to be like the girls and to be included! When Eevie's friends come over alot of times they decide that Ricky will not be included, so he was really pleased to be a part of the group. Me and Rick thought it was the funniest thing, him prancing around in a pink dress.
I just figured I would make sure to stash this pic in a very important place, so that when Prom comes or H.S. Graduation OR BETTER YET...
HIS WEDDING, I can blow it up and put it on his slideshow! The embarrassement mom's will do to their baby boys! :)

No comments:

Grand Cayman- Stingrays, Turtles, Fish...OH MY!

View our video Here:  We had a great time in Grand Cayman!  We did the excursion Stingray City and had a pretty good time.  I a...