We recently took a trip to the Big NYC. It was so great to see all my family and visit for a bit. We had so much fun. Day 1 was mostly travel day. We got up super duper early (I didn't sleep, like always when we go on trips and fly out early in the morning) Our flight left at 7:00 in the morning so we had to be at the airport no later than 5:30 to park the car, shuttle over to our gate, and check in. The kids were really good. It is so nice with them getting older and being so self sufficient. They each grabbed their suitcases, backpacks, and we were off!
Day 2 was spent mostly sight seeing. It seems like no matter how long I spend in NYC or how many times I visit, things never get old. I can go the this cathedral over and over and if I didn't have the kids with me I literally could spend just hours looking at all the architecture in the building. It is just breathtaking!
As always the Subway is usually the hit of the trip! My kids can ride this over and over. We spent a lot of time on the subway going deep into Manhattan and all over the city.
We also went to many MANY sweet shops! We went to the M&M store (my hubby's favorite candy), We went to the Hershey's store (AND bought a big ole' bag) and we also went to Carlos' bakery from the Cake Boss. LOTS of sweet treats!
Day 3 was more sightseeing...we went to the Statue of Liberty. This year we opted out of Ellis Island. The kids had more fun climbing on the walls and running around then actually looking at the Statue of Liberty. They did like the boat ride over though! Boy...was I happy I brought the jackets. It was a cold and windy ride over!
Day 4 we met up with a friend of mine from DFW and also took the kids to get trinkets from around the city. It was so nice to meet up with my friend Brandon. We had a late lunch at a place called Empanada Mama and talked about life. It was a nice day.
Day 5 was laid back during the morning. We had a big night at Broadway planned for the evening. My aunt Nita was so kind to buy us tickets to see Aladdin (THANK YOU AUNT NITA!) She reads the blog so a shout out is definitely a must. I did laundry and got packed back up. And that evening we were off!
I will leave out the part where I almost got into a fight with a pregnant women in the line at Broadway... Ugh. The evening was very nice and the kids LOVED it! I was on my feet at the end clapping my heart out. It was wonderful and I highly recommend it.
Day 6 we had family come in from New Jersey and visit. I packed the remainder of the stuff laying around since we had a late flight out that evening. And all along I was thinking that our flight was leaving at 9pm and around 3 I double checked and our flight was actually leaving at 7! I went into panic mode! Luckily we made it and all was well.




















No comments:
Post a Comment