Dallas Stars!!!

This is going to be a bit of a long story... It all started a few weeks ago, when Rick called me from work and asked me if I wanted to go to a Stars game with a bunch of "guys" to celebrate DJ's promotion, he found a babysitter (on his own) and everything! It sounded like a fantastic fun filled night so I was all in. Well, then on Friday (the day of the game) he informed me that when he said "Guys" he literally meant "Guys/Men" I thought that when he said "guys" he was talking about his friends and their wives. So I quickly changed my mind. (Why would I want to go and hang out with a bunch of men without any other female companionship) Unfortunetly it was too late to change my mind so I went.
For everyone familiar with where we live we don't have public transportation. But there is a train that runs from Fort Worth to Dallas(and a location in arlington - I think) right to the front of the American Airlines center. So we boarded the train almost missing it. When I get on there is about 10-12 men and 1 girl in our group... I was already starting to feel a little un-comfy. But towards the end of the train ride I felt right at home!!! LOL

(Rick is in a daze) (For all of you who say they never see a picture of me well today is your lucky day... there are at least 3/4 of me on this blog post)(We have arrived!!!)

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a HUGE Oprah fan, well it just so happens that on the news thursday they were talking about a big charity event they were having for "Oprahs big give" show to help hungry children in our area at the Stars Game. So I told Rick to remind all of his friends to bring Peanut butter with them. When I got on the train with my PB, no one except me (on the WHOLE TRAIN) brought PB! But it was ok, because I knew that my 1 jar of PB was making a difference. While I was there I dropped it off and received big cheers for my contribution. (YEAH, ME!)

(Me in Victory Park after dropping off my PB)

(Victory Park-1 huge screen that moves and also seperates into smaller ones)

(And No... This is not where we sat! LOL) It was just the best place to get a picture of the entire arena. Cool Huh?) (Time for Warm-Ups) (My $4.00 drink-No free refill, $4.75 per hotdog-BUT...it was $1.00 b/c it was dollar hotdog day! Can you believe that this would have been a $13.50 meal? Well... Can you believe that is WAS a $6.00 meal? And it isn't even counting Ricks portion.) (My $3.75 bag of cotton candy) (Hey Guys!!! Congrats to DJ for his promotion!!! If you want to have a PARTY, Call these guys. They were so much fun to hang out with!)

I am actually really happy that I ended up going, because I haven't had that much fun in a LONG time! I was laughing almost the whole time we were there. Rick was a super gentleman. Plus he spent all that money for me on that not worth it- food. By the end of the night I was EXHAUSTED... but then again, it doesn't take much for me to be super sleepy. The train ride home was a quiet one everyone was ready for bed... Well except for Woody who we realize is some kind of space creature who doesn't sleep, that guy is the energizer bunny he is always full of energy! LOL

No comments:

Grand Cayman- Stingrays, Turtles, Fish...OH MY!

View our video Here:  We had a great time in Grand Cayman!  We did the excursion Stingray City and had a pretty good time.  I a...