Well it is almost 3:30 and I am just now coming out of my bathroom! I have been in and out for a couple of hours. Me and JC and 1 of my dogs!!! I DO NOT like tornados!
It all started with me stepping out to go and meet Rick for lunch. I thought to myself "Hmmm...it is VERY humid and sticky. If we have storms today it is not going to be good"
Well, just as soon as Rick and I took our last bite Rick got a call on his cell phone. He looked down and said hmmm I20 Animal...I said one of our dogs must have got out and someone took him there. Sure enough that is what happened. So we finished up and as SOON as I stepped into my van I got a call from our Emergency Warning System, saying "You are under a TORNADO WARNING"
My heart immediatly sank, because I knew that I would have to drive into whatever weather was in our area. I was about 30 minutes away in a different city, and Rick was headed back to class. So I asked him what he would do. He said come with me to class, but that wasn't a good idea because I had JC, so the next idea was to go to his firestation which was about 5 minutes away and check out the weather radar on the news.
AS SOON as we turned on the news that is all that covered the tv...TORNADOS, TORNADOS, TORNADOS!!! They were popping everywhere! Arlington, Lancaster, Dallas, Arlington AGAIN, and so on! Luckily nothing hit us here in our area and we are all safe, but boy it is ALWAYS a scare! No matter how long we live here it is still scary that something can drop out of the sky and demolish your house with you and your family in it!
Here is a video from one of the tornados that hit about 20 minutes away from our house.
No comments:
Post a Comment