Wow! I can't believe it has been well over a month since my last posting! Where has time gone? I am going to try to get everyone caught up on our busy lives!!! This is no particular order, it is just somethings that have happened over the last month & 1/2.
RICKY LEARNS TO RIDE HIS BIKE WITHOUT TRAINING WHEELS!!!
The other day while playing outside Ricky noticed a little boy down the street who is about 6 1/2 years old learning to ride his bike without training wheels. Well Ricky looks over at me and says "MOM, I WANT MY TRAINING WHEELS OFF RIGHT NOW!" I try to ignore him, because his dad was on shift and I didn't feel like holding the back of his seat and trying to battle holding him up... (I know I am a terrible mom) But after asking and asking I finally was like OK! So I took the darn things off and got him started. Well, to my suprise he takes off! I didn't chase him or hold him, I just got him started and off he went chasing after his sister and her friend on his bike. So that was it. When his dad got home from work he couldn't wait to show him. It just amazes me the things that he does at the ages he does it. He won't even be 4 until June, and he is already riding his bike without trainers! Plus he thinks he is so GQ! LOL
MY BROTHER'S WEDDING
At the beginning of March my brother got married to his long time girlfriend/fiance. She has always been a part of our family, she has been around to see both of my kids grow up, tons of holidays, and every birthday party. I do have to say that I was quite shocked when my brother told us that he was going to ask Jamie to marry him ( I didn't think he would ever get married!) Both of the kids were in the wedding, I was very nervous that they weren't going to do what they were supposed to, but everything went well.
Ricky getting his groove on.
Eevie was sooo tired!
Eevie the flower girl
The bride & groom
Ricky the ring bearer
Curtis & Ricky all dressed up
Eevie's Field Trip to the Aquarium
For Eevie's 1st grade field trip they went to the Dallas World Aquarium. A bunch of us mom's who signed up to chaperone, carpooled out there. It was so fun riding with them all!!! We had breakfast at Mcdonalds, then it was a fun and talkative car ride out to Dallas. Since so many people signed up to go on the field trip, we all had maybe 2-3 kids, and some didn't have to chaperone anyone but their own child. Me and a few other mom's decided instead of chaperoning alone, we would get together and have a bigger group. We had a blast! It wasn't that fancy of a place and definiatly not worth the $20 ticket, but it was nice for the kids to get another learning perspective.
GIRLS NIGHT OUT!
I recently had a much needed girls night out. Not all of my girlfriends were able to make it, but we still had a lot of fun! We went to Razzoos then went bowling! We had a blast, and have decided to do something at least once a month.
I actually started the morning off seeing Monsters Vs. Aliens in 3D with the kiddos. I don't know what we were thinking going opening weekend, it was PACKED! We were lucky enough to find a wonderful seat. It was a really neat movie. We really love seeing movies in 3D.
Cosmo Bowl (The music was pumping & it was lit by black lights)
Delaina & Lisa
Hanging out at Razzoos
SPRING BREAK
This year for spring break we just hung out around town... We did a "Stay-Cation" or whatever they call it. We ate way too much ice cream, Mcdonald's, and other fast food. We also went to the park, and out around the town. Here is a pic from when the Mcdonald's by our house grand-opened.
Eevie is still enjoying girlscouts, at the end of February we went to the zoo, it was a COLD COLD day! We had a personal tour around the zoo and did a scavenger hunt. The girls also learned about recycling and how important it is to treat our earth good. They made some recycled planter thing, that had seeds on it. After the zoo we all went to Chili's for a nice hot lunch.
Checking out the tusks and horns
Well... I think that about raps it up. I will hopefully get back on the ball now and keep this blog rolling. We pray everyone is doing well!!!












No comments:
Post a Comment