Boy has it been a tough week!

Wow, it feels like I have so much to blog about but for once I just can't find the words that I am looking for... It has been an entertaining week, that's for sure! I will post pics soon!
As some of you may or may not know Rick is the president for the Texas Association of Hispanic Firefighters. It is pretty cool actually, how they get together to help kids trying to become firefighters or trying to find their way in life. Last night was a pretty cool event to re-elect a hispanic city council member and Rick had to be there and invited me along. One of the perks of being actively involved in your community is that you get to meet some really cool people that you probably wouldn't get to meet other wise. Yesterday we personally spoke with Gloria the owner of Gloria's resteraunts. (She owns 10 resteraunts and is working on opening another!) And she personally invited our family to stay in her house on the beach in El Salvador. Rick has the opportunities to meet and have a relationship with so many community leaders, business owners, etc in the hispanic community and whenever I am with him I get to as well. We also Celebrated our Anniversery!
Here are some pictures from our early days together!

On a Valentine's Vacation

Doing what we love to do

Vacation!

I am not usually one who blabbers on my blog about my personal issues with life, but we all just have something that we need to get off our chest at some point. For those who know me well and know my family (mom, sister, brother, etc) knows that we say what is on our mind, especially if it is the truth. But we don't do the sideways comments if we have a point to make we come straight out and say it. (Ex: If we think your hair looks bad, we will tell you your hair looks bad) So this is something that I am going to start working on. Some people will say that I should be myself and that they appreciate me being honest, but for others it can be taken as a direct attack which in turn hurts their feelings. I have never had any kind of altercations or arguments with anyone until recently, which made me realize that maybe I am not handling things the Christ following way, which is how we strive to live our life and raise our children to live. Anyone who knows me knows that everyone is my friend and I will give you the shirt off my back. I can't even hold a grudge for more than a couple of hours. So thanks to some really good friends of mine I have just decided to pray about it, I am sure this is a conviction because sometimes I don't know how to keep my big mouth shut. But I am human and I am honest and I realize that I need to work on that. So I am going to leave you all with a lil' tiny scripture and hopefully if any of you are going through a storm the sun will shine through soon! "Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Remember, O LORD, your great mercy and love, for they are from of old. Remember not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you are good, O LORD."Psalm 25:4-7

Wow, starting our life seemed so long ago. I just thought of that very funny commercial... Where that guy rear ends the nun, and she taps his car and gets back in and he laughs, and then a few seconds later he gets struck by lightning.

No comments:

Grand Cayman- Stingrays, Turtles, Fish...OH MY!

View our video Here:  We had a great time in Grand Cayman!  We did the excursion Stingray City and had a pretty good time.  I a...